It's not quite October but I thought I would get jump on my Halloween cards using Operation Write Home's sketch #192. I used Stampin' Up's Witches Brew Designer Series Paper. The bat is from the retired "Googly Ghouls" set.
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Happy Wednesday! Here is this month's card swap for the Masking Tape Technique. Rather than try to create a faux background or some type of distressed look, I kept it simple and applied the inked masking tape in stripes. I finished the card with a classic stamp from Stampin' Up!, "Lovely As A Tree."
Sunday, September 22, 2013
Sunday, September 15, 2013
Saturday, September 14, 2013
I started this layout over a year ago and put it aside because I really didn't like how it was turning out. The original layout was on a 12x12 piece of purple paper and I think I was trying to create a pocket page type look. Anyway, I cut down the paper and started over by adding multiple layers of coordinating scraps on a new piece of 12x12. I'm not 100% happy but it's definitely much better than before. All the papers are from Stampin' Up!, the tickets are from a raffle (that I didn't win) and the dog print ribbon was a gift that I received years ago.
at 5:21 PM
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Thursday, September 5, 2013
This month's technique involves placing a large piece of masking tape onto a stamp pad to create a weathered and distressed look. To create the card below I applied very light ink layers to the masking tape and continued to apply the tape in different directions to stamp off all the ink. If you want a more bold or distinct look just press the tape harder onto the pad. You could even make distressed stripes. I would definitely recommend using the blue or green masking tape used for painting your house.
Monday, September 2, 2013
Sunday, September 1, 2013
The theme for this month's tag from Tim is layered stencils. Although I don't have any stencils, I used a chevron paper punch and a serif alphabet die from Stampin' Up! and applied crackle paint and ink through them as if they were stencils. The hexagons were stamped with versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. The butterflies were stamped with StazOn so the ink would adhere to the embossing. The only non Stampin' Up! item is the typewriter letter from Levenger (no longer available).
at 7:39 PM