Sunday, February 20, 2011
First of all, I'd like to thank Julie DiMatteo, also known as The Paper Pixie, for honoring me with a Stylish Blogger Award. Julie is a fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and is a mom to three beautiful four legged children.
With this award, I get to share 8 things about myself and pass on the Stylish Blogger Award to 8 other bloggers.
1. I'm a Civil Engineer.
2. I was almost an art major.
3. I'm a fanatical Virginia Tech Hokies fan.
4. I'm an East Coast girl at heart.
5. I love British Period films and books.
6. I listen to music from the 80s.
7. I don't collect anything.
8. I'm intimidated by Starbucks.
Here are my 8 favorite blogs at the moment.
1. Julie Pitta - http://thoughtsthatstick.blogspot.com/
2. Beverly Polen - http://guneauxdesignsbybeverlypolen.blogspot.com/
3. Deanna Czarniecki - http://www.stampingwithmymothersdaughter.com/
4. Mickey Roberts - http://paperconversation.typepad.com/
at 5:57 PM
Monday, February 7, 2011
It's been three months since Kallie was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma and she's doing great. However, as of last Saturday we've had to abandon the 25 week treatment regimen for a new protocol since Kallie keeps going into and out of remission every few weeks or so. The new protocol is called MOPP and is also known as the "rescue treatment" since it is used to treat relapsed or resistant forms of lymphoma. Doesn't sound good, does it? The good thing is that you'd never know that Kallie has cancer and she's being treated by one of the nation's leading veterinary cancer experts, seriously.
at 12:01 AM