This past weekend Shimelle released two new sketches...so happy! The focus of this latest sketch was adapting a page sketch for Project Life. Although I don't use Project Life, I do appreciate its simplicity so I really loved this concept.
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Happy Sunday and welcome to my blog. Here is my card for sketch #161 from Operation Write Home. The sentiment showcased in the oval is heat embossed and from Stampin' Up's Alphabet Soup set (2006). I created the scalloped edging by attaching 1/2" circles along the back of the oval and I chose a background paper with a raised velvet pattern to add additional texture.
at 2:07 PM
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Monday, February 18, 2013
I spent the last week vacationing in Palm Springs so I was inspired by the sun. Here are my cards for sketches #159 and #160 from Operation Write Home. I stamped both images with Black StazOn to prevent them from smearing. I then used Stampin' Up! blending pens and markers to add the color to the sun and cut it out using my coluzzle. The moon was stamped on vellum and left plain since I didn't want it to compete with the busy background.
at 6:56 PM
Sunday, February 3, 2013
Here is this week's sketch from Operation Write Home. The heart banner and the text were cut from Newsprint DSP using my silhouette. I then applied cherry cobbler ink using a sponge and added faux stitching in white. Both were originally intended for my Tim Holtz tag but they just didn't work out. I thought they went well with the woodgrain texture in the background since they were fairly light and airy.
at 12:37 PM
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Happy February! Here is my take on Tim's queen of hearts tag. Although I love his stamp set, I chose to use a free printable from Martha Stewart as the anchor for my tag. I used Cherry Cobbler ink on the tag base, the ribbon and the hearts. The custom brad, key, rhinestones, woodgrain embossing folder, tag punch, rub on sentiment, other inks and cardstock are all from Stampin' Up! I covered the entire tag base with crystal effects and dried it with a heat gun to give it that textured shiny effect. The black twine and safety pin came off of a clothing tag from christmas.
at 11:02 AM