Translate

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Emerging Color Card Swap

The toughest part of this technique is finding just the right stamp.  Ideally you want to use a stamp with a decent amount of surface area but you also want some negative space for the ink to penetrate between the embossed areas.  I choose to use the new Papillon Potpourri butterfly stamp set from Stampin' Up!  Below I included some step-by-step photos to go along with the previous directions.


I started by stamping solid circles onto whisper white cardstock using daffodil delight and calypso coral ink.  Now that I'm looking at it on the screen, I'm thinking that perhaps a patterned paper might also work well for this.

Once I had my background stamped I ran a heat tool over the surface just to make sure the clear embossing powder wouldn't stick to the circles.  I then stamped the butterfly images in versamark and applied clear embossing powder.

Next I used a sponge instead of a brayer to go over the embossed images with island indigo ink.  I chose to use the sponge because I wanted to control the intensity of the ink so it wouldn't totally wash out the color of the circles.

Here is a closer view of the finished product.  The texture on background paper is from the new chevron embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...