Translate

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Wedding Card - Japanese Kanji

While searching for wedding card ideas I came across the Japanese tradition of gift money or goshugi. A quick google search revealed all sorts of elaborately decorated gift money envelopes, some with kanji (Japanese characters) and some without. So, I decided to break out my watercolor brush (totally the wrong brush) and take a stab at creating the symbol for LOVE. Unfortunately I didn't find this great video until after I was finished. I think mine is a little top heavy but it will have to do. As you can see from the closeup I used watercolor paper, a mica spray and really small pearl accents for the cherry blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...